Quick Social Media Tips for Political Candidates
As the political season heats up it is time for some quick tips for your social media campaign. Here are 10 things that every candidate needs to do.
10 things that every candidate needs to do
- Read this article that is published at Massachusetts-election-2010.com. It is full of important information and well worth the read.
- Either create a CMS website or use Campaign Partner
- Open a MailChimp account. Create a list called “Your Name for Congress”.
- Create a Facebook Page using PageModo. Start by logging into your Facebook account and then go to PageModo and select your plan.
- Be sure to have one or more Twitter accounts and be diligent in following your strategy
- Open a Flickr account for your photos and a You Tube account for your videos.
- Create a PayPal account to accept donations
- Make sure you complete your profile on LinkedIn and ASK for recommendations. Also consider LinkedIn Resume which takes your profile info and creates a resume effortlessly.
- Go to a professional photographer who uses a digital camera. You will never regret this decision (you probably do not need any prints, just a copy of the files)
- Develop a social media strategy that is responsive and proactive, and not reactive